Friday, April 22, 2011

Cow Cats and such

I wish I had a photo, or even better video.  But maybe I'll capture some this weekend.  Picture this if you can!


Three and four week old calves, and barn cats.  Playing together!  Cats pretending that the calves are not there as they are sneaking up on them.  Then the very large calf nose touched the small cat, leaving a wet smudge on their heads.  Cats ball up, hiss and dash off - about four steps.  Calves shake their heads, like big cattle.  The game is on, again.



These are just a few of the things that we see here on our little ranch.

We tagged calves today and that was an adventure.  Catching them was Earl's job, mine was doing the tags.  Luke helped too.  Everyone has nice orange tags, and we are waiting for the other babies to arrive.  Will we have an Easter calf or just a Palm Sunday baby this year?

I wrote about Good Friday over on Strawberry Roan today, and will be doing a longer post here tomorrow.  I'll be sharing the legend of the Donkey and how it got the cross on it's back.  My own version of the famous tale.

Bright blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some of your words...bright blessings!